Lovely 5 Bed home swap in Bernay, France
You can be confident that you'll have a comfortable stay in our house.
We live in a spacious, open plan house in a quiet housing estate on a 3 mn drive or 10 mn walk from the middle-ages main center of Bernay, which also has a very big French market on Saturdays.
It has 4 bedrooms and a study with a comfortable sofa. The master bedroom has a brand new king size bed and an en-suite shower room. There are 2 other bathrooms including one with a bathtub.
The children?s rooms have 3 single beds, The house has broadband computer, DVD player, hi fi, X-Box for your use. Outside, in the garden, there's a barbecue and plenty of tables and chairs.
We also have all modern facilities and plenty of French and English literature.
Within a few minutes walk you can be in the town centre or the countryside.
Big open market on Saturdays.
Nice shopping and restaurants in town.
children's playground and a very big sports ground a few mns away
5 mns drive:
2 supermarkets and 1 hyper market.
Open air public swimming pool + tennis courts.
Environmentally-friendly 9 -hole golf course
Transport and Visits:
The train links are extremely good, with easy access to Rouen (45mins), Caen (45 mins), & also Paris (75 mins).
We are :
- only half an hour from Lisieux and its Basilica of St. Th?r?se of Lisieux, the second largest pilgrimage in France after Lourdes, and Cerza Safari Park.
- A 45 minute drive from the historic city of Rouen ( Joan of Arc, cathedral, impressionist art), Pont-L?Ev?que, Camembert and Livarot with their cheese factories
- one hour from Caen ( the second WW Memorial), Honfleur, Cabourg, Deauville, Le Havre( UNESCO patrimony town, Normandy bridge + Malraux museum and harbor), Le Pin National Stud (?Versailles for Horses?)
- 90 minutes from Etretat ( the cliffs and village), Versailles ( Louis XIV?s castle and Gardens) or Giverny ( Monet?s gardens), and La Bouille ( typical village on the Seine)
- 2 hour-drive from the Loire Valley the DDay beaches or the Bayeux Tapestry.
- Mont Saint Michel and Saint Malo are 2 and ? hours away.
It is also a short drive to lots of historical places (abbeys, castles, gardens and charming villages) and cider and calvados factories.
A great location to explore Normandy and Paris !
Type of home swap
- Home Exchange
- Open to Offers
Conditions of home exchange
- Pet Care Offered
- Pet Care required
- Children welcome